Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Sarah Elizabeth Wooten|
|(no known picture)|
|Birth:|| May 30, 1818|
New Bern, Craven County, North Carolina
|Death:|| December 12, 1880|
near Hawkinsville, Pulaski County, Georgia
|Burial:|| Robert Sanders Anderson plot,|
Orange Hill Cemetery,
Hawkinsville, Pulaski County, Georgia
|Mother:||Mary Roach Shipp|
|Spouse/Partner:||Robert Sanders Anderson|
|Marriage:|| January 23, 1835|
in Monroe County, Georgia
Sallie Wooten was one of the children of Council Wooten and his second wife Mary Roach Shipp. Shortly after her birth in NC, the family moved south to Pulaski Co., GA. After a few years there, they moved a few counties north to Russellville in Monroe Co. It was here that she married Robert Sanders Anderson and moved back to his home in Pulaski Co. They would have 13 children from 1837 to 1862, 9 of them living to adulthood. Mostly a housewife for her successful planter husband, she also served as a seamstress. She died of dropsy, a swelling of tissues on the body now called edema, in 1880.
- Anderson, Charles Wittichen. Visit to Orange Hill Cemetery.
- Anderson, Robert Sanders, Biography. Provided by Dudley Anderson.
- Anderson, Robert Sanders and Sallie Wooten, Bible record.
- Descendants of Thomas Watton of Castor
- Evans, Tad, compiler. Pulaski County Newspaper Clippings, Volume 02, 1876-1881.
- Familysearch.org - Ancestral File.
- Gentry, Lelia Thornton, compiler. Historical Collections of the Georgia Chapters DAR, Volume IV. Henry Anderson Bible Record. 1932.
- Hawkinsville Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, compilers. History of Pulaski County, Georgia 1808-1935: Official History. Atlanta: W. W. Brown [c. 1935]; Bicentennial Edition: Macon, GA: OmniPress, c. 1975.
- Marriage Records for Monroe County, Georgia.
- Murphey, Frances Ellen Anderson. "Family History of Fannie Ellen Anderson Murphey". Personal document c. 1915. Provided by Shanna English of the Old Jail Museum in Barnesville, Georgia.
- Could also examine:
- 1820 Pulaski County, Georgia Census
- 1830 Monroe County, Georgia Census
- 1840 Pulaski County, Georgia Census
- 1850 Pulaski County, Georgia Census
- 1860 Pulaski County, Georgia Census
- 1870 Pulaski County, Georgia Census
- 1880 Pulaski County, Georgia Census