Serchhip district is one of the 8 districts of Mizoram state in India. The district is bounded on the north and northwest by Aizawl district, on the west and south by Lunglei district, on the southeast by Myanmar and on the east by Champhai district. The district occupies an area of 1421.60 km². Serchhip town is the administrative headquarters of the district. This district came into existence on 15 September 1998.
The district has three sub-divisions, Serchhip Sadar, North Vanlaiphai and Thenzawl. There are 3 legislative assembly constituencies in this district: Tuikum, Hrangturzo and Serchhip.
According to the 2011 census Serchhip district has a population of 64,875 , roughly equal to the nation of Marshall Islands. This gives it a ranking of 626th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 46 inhabitants per square kilometre (120 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 20.45 %. Serchhip has a sex ratio of 976 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 98.76 %.
Flora and FaunaEdit
- ^ "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ "Vantawng Falls". india9. http://www.india9.com/i9show/Vantawng-Falls-14604.htm. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Marshall Islands 67,182 July 2011 est."
- ^ Indian Ministry of Forests and Environment. "Protected areas: Mizoram.". http://oldwww.wii.gov.in/envis/envis_pa_network/index.htm. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
|Aizawl district||Champhai district|
|Aizawl | Champhai | Kolasib | Lawngtlai | Lunglei | Mamit | Saiha| Serchhip|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Serchhip district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|