Sheikhpura district is one of the thirty eight districts of Bihar state, India, and Sheikhpura town is the administrative headquarters of this district. Sheikhpura district is a part of Munger Division. Sheikhpura was separated from Munger District and was made a separate district with headquarters at Sheikhpura on the 31st July 1994.
Shekhpura is one of the smallest district of Bihar having just six blocks and people are dependent on agriculture. Sone Mining of smaller hillocks with crushers is one of the main activities for empployment. In 2006 Ministrye of Panchayati Raj]] named Sheikhpura one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 36 districts in Bihar currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
Sub Divisions: Sheikhpura
Blocks: Ariari, Sheikpura, Barbigha, Ghatkosumbha, Chewara, Shekhopur Sarai.
Villages: The district has many villages including Pandhar, Nabi Nagar Kakrar, Hussainabad, Bigha , Pachna, Deole, Mahuat, Dalhar, Nimi, Biman, Lohan. Kasar, Karki, Diha, Farpar, Rampur, Ariari, Kaithwan, Bhadauns, Sirari, Hathiyawan, Mehuns, Katari, Mafo, Pain, Audhe, Namdargang, Ambari, Asthana, Dobadih.
Police Stations: Sheikhpura P.S., Sirari O.P., Ariyari P.S., Kasar O.P., Mahuli O.P., Kusumbha O.P.,Chewara P.S., Karande O.P., Korma P.S., Mehus P.S., Barbigha P.S., Jayrampur O.P.
Railway Stations: Sirari, Sheikhpura, Kusumbha (3)
According to the 2011 census Sheikhpura district has a population of 634,927, roughly equal to the nation of Montenegro or the US state of Vermont. This gives it a ranking of 516th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 922 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,390 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 20.82 %. Sheikhpura has a sex ratio of 926 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 65.96 %.
Tourist Places: Arghauti Pokhar, Girihinda Pahar (With Temple of Lord 'SHIV'), Samas (Lord 'VISHNU'),Nimi,famous temple of Maharani.
School: D.M. High school, Islamia high school, High school Mehus, Janta High School Sirari,high school nimi,Rajo Sigh High School Ambari.Navodaya Vidyalaya, Shekhpura, Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Gagari, Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Shekhpura Sarai
College: S.K R. College Barbigha, Ramadhin college, Shekhpura, Chandrshekhar Banke Nasib College, Hathiama, Sanjay Gandhi Smarika Women's College Shekhpura, Mehus College, Mehus, Shekhpura.
- ^ "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. http://www.educationforallinindia.com/page157.html. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- ^ a b c d e f g "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Bihar: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1118–1119. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- ^ "Island Directory Tables: Islands by Land Area". United Nations Environment Program. 1998-02-18. http://islands.unep.ch/Tiarea.htm. Retrieved 2011-10-11. "Kolombangara 688km2"
- ^ a b Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. http://www.nird.org.in/brgf/doc/brgf_BackgroundNote.pdf. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Montenegro 661,807 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Vermont 625,741"
- ^ M. Paul Lewis, ed (2009). "Angika: A language of India". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th edition ed.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=anp. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
|Nalanda district||Lakhisarai district|
|Nawada district||Jamui district|
|Bhagalpur: Banka | Bhagalpur|
|Darbhanga: Begusarai | Darbhanga | Madhubani | Samastipur|
|Kosi: Madhepura | Saharsa | Supaul|
|Magadh: Arwal | Aurangabad | Gaya | Jehanabad | Nawada|
|Munger: Jamui | Khagaria | Munger | Lakhisarai | Sheikhpura|
|Patna: Bhojpur | Buxar | Kaimur | Patna | Rohtas | Nalanda|
|Purnia: Araria | Katihar | Kishanganj | Purnia|
|Saran: Gopalganj | Saran | Siwan|
|Tirhut: East Champaran | Muzaffarpur | Sheohar | Sitamarhi | Vaishali | West Champaran|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Sheikhpura district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|