Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Simdega district (Hindi: सिमडेगा जिला) is one of the twenty-four districts of Jharkhand state, India, and Simdega town is the administrative headquarters of this district. This district was carved out from erstwhile Gumla district on 30 April 2001. It is currently a part of the Red Corridor.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Simdega one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 21 districts in Jharkhand currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
This district comprises 10 blocks: Simdega, Kurdeg, Bolba, Thethaitangar, Kolebira, Bano, Jaldega, Pakartanr, Bansjore and Kersai.
According to the 2011 census Simdega district has a population of 599,813 , roughly equal to the nation of Solomon Islands or the US state of Wyoming. This gives it a ranking of 526th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 160 inhabitants per square kilometre (410 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 16.62 %. Simdega has a sex ratio of 1000 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 67.59 %.
Popular places in Simdega DistrictEdit
- Chhinda Dam
- Ramjanki Mandir
- Gandhi Maidan
- Kobang Dam
- ^ "83 districts under the Security Related Expenditure Scheme". IntelliBriefs. 2009-12-11. http://intellibriefs.blogspot.com/2009/12/naxal-menace-83-districts-under.html. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- ^ "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ a b Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. http://www.nird.org.in/brgf/doc/brgf_BackgroundNote.pdf. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Solomon Islands 571,890 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Wyoming 563,626"
|Jashpur district, Chhattisgarh||Gumla district||Khunti district|
|West Singhbhum district|
|Sundargarh district, Orissa|
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Simdega district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|