Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
5th Chapman Baronet of Killua Castle-
High Sheriff of Westmeath County,
J.P., Killua Castle, Clonmellon, Co. Westmeath and married his cousin - Carolina Chapman
Vital Statistics: Edit
- Son of Sir Benjamin James Chapman (1810-1888), the 4th Baronet, and Maria Fetherston
- 1853-Feb-22 : Birth at Westmeath, Ireland (Irish Civil Register)
- 1875 : Graduated from Oxford University,
- 1894-Jan-9 : Marriage to his cousin Caroline Margaret Chapman in Westmeath (Irish Civil Register)
- 1907-Jan-22 : Died without issue
He was born on 22 February 1853 at . He was the son of and . He married , daughter of and , on 9 January 1894. He died on 22 January 1907 at age 53, without issue.
Sir Montagu Richard Chapman, 5th Bt. matriculated at , on 23 May 1872. He graduated from , in 1875 with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.). He gained the rank of Captain in the service of the 9th Battalion, Rifle Brigade (Militia). He succeeded to the title of 5th Baronet Chapman, of St. Lucy's, co. Westmeath on 3 November 1888. He held the office of Sheriff of County Westmeath in 1889.
- George Edward Cokayne, editor, The Complete Baronetage, 5 volumes (no date (c. 1900); reprint, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 1983), volume V, page 406. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Baronetage.
- Descendants of Captain Benjamin Chapman
- http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/person.php?search=as&grp=2001%3BIreland&lDate=&page=1&LinkID=mp83878 - National Portrait Gallery - Lady Chapman