BiographySophie Magdalena Benigna zu Solms-Laubach was born 15 February 1707 to Carl Otto zu Solms-Laubach-Utphe (1673-1743) and Luise Albertine von Schönburg-Glauchau (1686-1740) and died 31 August 1744 in Braunfels, Germany of unspecified causes. She married Friedrich Wilhelm zu Solms-Braunfels (1696-1761) 9 March 1726 in Utphe, Hesse, Germany. Notable ancestors include Henry II of England (1133-1189), William I of England (1027-1087), Charlemagne (747-814), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Alfred the Great (849-899), Rurik (c832-879). Ancestors are from Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Denmark, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Austria, Lithuania, Bohemia, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, England, Turkey.
Common ancestors of Sophie Magdalena Benigna zu Solms-Laubach (1707-1744) and Friedrich Wilhelm zu Solms-Braunfels (1696-1761)
- Christoph von Leiningen-Schaumburg (1575-1635)
- Georg I. von Leiningen-Schaumburg (1533-1586)
- Johanna Sibylle von Hanau-Lichtenberg (1564-1636)
- Margarete von Isenburg-Birstein (1542-1612)
- Wilhelm IV. zu Wied-Runkel (1560-1612)