|View category for people with the Stetson surname|
The Stetson name is of English origin. It is believed to be derived from "son of Stedda or Stith". The meaning is attributed as "son of the stupid, clumsy fellow" or "descendant of the stepson."
- Andrew Stetson - Canadian model
- Charles Stetson - U.S. Representative from Maine
- Charles Walter Stetson - American artist
- Dave Stetson - American artist
- Francis Lynde Stetson - American lawyer
- Glen Stetson - American/Canadian musician
- Harlan True Stetson - American astronomer and physicist
- John Stetson - American cicus and theater manger
- John Batterson Stetson - American manufacturer of the hat which bears his name
- John Batterson Stetson, Jr. - American aviator, diplomat, businessman, and philanthropist
- John Charles Stetson - U.S. Secretary of the Air Force
- Lemuel Stetson - U.S. Representative from New York
- Raymond Herbert Stetson - American speech scientist
- Ted Stetson - American author
- William H. Stetson - American Roman Catholic priest
- Barry, John Stetson. A Genealogical and Biographical Sketch of the Name and Family of Stetson from the Year 1634, to the Year 1847 (Boston: W. A. Hall & Company), 1847.
- Smith, Elsdon C. American Surnames (Philadelphia: Chilton Book Company), 1969.
- Smith, Elsdon C. New Dictionary of American Family Names (New York: Harper & Row, Publishers), 1973.
- Stetson, Nelson M. Sketch of Cornet Robert Stetson: The Veteran Cornet of the Plymouth Colony Troopers, 1658 (Brockton, MA: Keystone Print), 1924.