Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Taylor County, Iowa|
Location in the state of Iowa
Iowa's location in the U.S.
|Named for||Zachary Taylor|
535 sq mi (1,386 km²)
532 sq mi (1,378 km²)
2.8 sq mi (7 km²), 0.5%
12/sq mi (5/km²)
|Time zone||Central: UTC-6/-5|
Taylor County is a county located in the U.S. state of Iowa. As of the 2010 census, the population was 6,317, making it the fourth-least populous county in Iowa. The county seat is Bedford. The county was formed in 1847 and named after General and President Zachary Taylor.
A portion of Taylor County at one time was part of Missouri.
- Adams County (north)
- Ringgold County (east)
- Worth County, Missouri (southeast)
- Nodaway County, Missouri (southwest)
- Page County (west)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The 2010 census recorded a population of 6,317 in the county, with a population density of 11.8307/sq mi (4.5679/km2). There were 3,107 housing units, of which 2,679 were occupied.
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,958 people, 2,824 households, and 1,911 families residing in the county. The population density was 13 people per square mile (5/km²). There were 3,199 housing units at an average density of 6 per square mile (2/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 97.71% White, 0.03% Black or African American, 0.10% Native American, 0.30% Asian, 0.06% Pacific Islander, 1.14% from other races, and 0.66% from two or more races. 3.81% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 2,824 households out of which 28.00% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.00% were married couples living together, 5.90% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.30% were non-families. 27.80% of all households were made up of individuals and 16.10% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.40 and the average family size was 2.94.
In the county the population was spread out with 23.90% under the age of 18, 7.50% from 18 to 24, 23.40% from 25 to 44, 22.80% from 45 to 64, and 22.40% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 94.10 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.00 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $31,297, and the median income for a family was $37,194. Males had a median income of $26,631 versus $19,162 for females. The per capita income for the county was $15,082. About 8.50% of families and 12.10% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.10% of those under age 18 and 15.20% of those age 65 or over.
† county seat
|Rank||City/Town/etc.||Municipal type||Population (2010 Census)
|2||Lenox (partially in Adams County)||City||1,407|
|4||Clearfield (partially in Ringgold County)||City||363|
- ^ a b "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/19/19173.html. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ Taylor County
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "County Totals Dataset: Population, Population Change and Estimated Components of Population Change: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". http://www.census.gov/popest/data/counties/totals/2015/CO-EST2015-alldata.html. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. http://mapserver.lib.virginia.edu. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/ia190090.txt. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t4/tables/tab02.pdf. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Population & Housing Occupancy Status 2010". United States Census Bureau American FactFinder. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_GCTPL2.ST05&prodType=table. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ http://www.census.gov/2010census/
|Page County||Ringgold County|
Taylor County, Iowa
|Nodaway County, Missouri||Worth County, Missouri|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Taylor County, Iowa. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|