Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thomas Aaron Buskirk was born on April 25, 1848 in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania to Joseph Buskirk and Ann Evans. In 1850, he lived in Denison, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. In 1854, Thomas' father Joseph went with an expedition team to check out the land near Slabtown, Pennsylvania. When Joseph returned home, the family packed up and left for Slabtown. They were living in Jay Townshi pof Elk County, Pennsylvania at the time of the 1860 Census.
Thomas married Mary Elmira Brown, daughter of Robert Brown and Sarah England, on January 17, 1875 in Pennsylvania. In 1880, Thomas, Mary and their two children are living in Huston Township, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania where Thomas "worked in the woods." This probably means that he was sawyer. By 1900, Thomas worked as a farmer, and they lived on a farm on Baumertown Road in Weedville, Pennsylvania. Thomas and Mary had a total of 15 children. Of these 15, 13 survived to adulthood. Thomas lived on the farm for the remainder of his life. He died on June 15, 1915 at the age of 67. He was buried at Mt. Zion Cemetery on June 17, 1915.
- 1850 United States Federal Census, Denison, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.
- 1860 United States Federal Census, Jay, Elk County, Pennsylvania.
- 1880 United States Federal Census, Huston, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania.
- 1900 United States Federal Census, Jay, Elk County, Pennsylvania.
- Passmore, J.A.M. Ancestors & Descendants of Andrew Moore 1612-1897