Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
পশ্চিম ত্রিপুরা জেলা
|— District —|
|• Total||2,997 km2 (1,157 sq mi)|
|• Density||510/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+05:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-TR-WT|
West Tripura (Bengali: পশ্চিম ত্রিপুরা জেলা) is an administrative district in the state of Tripura in India. The district headquarters are located at Agartala. As of 2011 it is the most populous district of Tripura (out of 4).
The district occupies an area of 2997 km²
|Climate chart for Agartala|
|temperatures in °C • precipitation totals in mm|
West Tripura District has five sub-divisions:
- Sadar Subdivision
- Bishalgarh Subdivision
- Sonamura Subdivision
- Khowai Subdivision
- Teliamura Subdivision
West Tripura District has 16 Blocks:
Lok Sabha constituenciesEdit
According to the 2011 census West Tripura district has a population of 1,724,619 , roughly equal to the nation of The Gambia or the US state of Nebraska. This gives it a ranking of 281st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 576 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,490 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 12.5 %. West Tripura has a sex ratio of 964 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 88.91 %.
Flora and faunaEdit
- ^ "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Gambia, The 1,797,860 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Nebraska 1,826,341"
- ^ Indian Ministry of Forests and Environment. "Protected areas: Tripura". http://oldwww.wii.gov.in/envis/envis_pa_network/page_tripura.htm. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
|Districts of Tripura|
|Dhalai district | North Tripura district | South Tripura district | West Tripura district|
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Tripura is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at West Tripura district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|