Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Wheatland County, Montana|
Wheatland County Courthouse in Harlowton
Location in the state of Montana
Montana's location in the U.S.
1,428 sq mi (3,699 km²)
1,423 sq mi (3,686 km²)
5.0 sq mi (13 km²), 0.4%
1.5/sq mi (1/km²)
|Time zone||Mountain: UTC-7/-6|
- Judith Basin County, Montana - north
- Fergus County, Montana - north
- Golden Valley County, Montana - east
- Sweet Grass County, Montana - south
- Meagher County, Montana - west
National protected areaEdit
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,259 people, 853 households, and 540 families residing in the county. The population density was 2 people per square mile (1/km²). There were 1,154 housing units at an average density of 1 per square mile (0/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 96.99% White, 0.13% Black or African American, 0.58% Native American, 0.18% Asian, 0.22% Pacific Islander, 0.27% from other races, and 1.64% from two or more races. 1.11% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 38.4% were of German, 11.6% Norwegian, 7.5% English, 7.4% Irish and 6.5% American ancestry according to Census 2000. 87.4% spoke English and 12.2% German as their first language.
There were 853 households out of which 25.80% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.80% were married couples living together, 4.90% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.60% were non-families. 34.50% of all households were made up of individuals and 16.40% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.24 and the average family size was 2.86.
In the county the population was spread out with 26.80% under the age of 18, 6.40% from 18 to 24, 22.00% from 25 to 44, 25.50% from 45 to 64, and 19.30% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 98.00 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.20 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $24,492, and the median income for a family was $32,500. Males had a median income of $14,185 versus $15,000 for females. The per capita income for the county was $11,954. About 11.10% of families and 20.40% of the population were below the poverty line, including 16.00% of those under age 18 and 15.50% of those age 65 or over.
- List of cemeteries in Wheatland County, Montana
- List of lakes in Wheatland County, Montana
- List of mountains in Wheatland County, Montana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Wheatland County, Montana
- ^ a b "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/30/30107.html. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ "2010 Census Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. August 22, 2012. http://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/docs/gazetteer/counties_list_30.txt. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
- ^ "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. http://mapserver.lib.virginia.edu. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
- ^ "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/mt190090.txt. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
- ^ "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t4/tables/tab02.pdf. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Judith Basin County and Fergus County|
|Meagher County||Golden Valley County|
Wheatland County, Montana
|Sweet Grass County|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Wheatland County, Montana. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|