Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A physician and they resided in Washington DC and had four children
He attended to US President James Garfield at the time of his assasination.
Vital Statistics: Edit
- Son of Obadiah Bliss (1792-1863) and Mariah Poole (1795-1857) who resided in Savoy, Massachusetts.
- 1825-Aug-18: Birth at Brutus TWP, Cayuga, New York, USA
- 1849-Jan-23 : Married to Sophia Prentiss (1828-1888) - Daughter of Anna Wilcox Warren (1800-1860) and Samuel Morrison Prentiss:
- 1881-Jul-02 : Assasination of US President Garfield
- 1889-Jan : ;Death at Washington DC
Willard Bliss (1825-1889) - a physician and they resided in Washington DC and had four children. The two daughters are listed on the 1870 US Census. Dr Bliss was the attending Presidential Physician to Pres Garfield when he died from his assasination. He was also Surgeon General of the Army and the doctor who treated Gen Zachary Taylor for malaria in 1844.
Children of Dr Bliss and Sophia Prentiss Edit
- Ellis Baker Bliss - m. born 1850
- Cara Belle Bliss - f born 1852
- Willie Prentiss Bliss (1854-1856) (m)
- Eugenia Prentiss Bliss - b. 1855 and m. George B Milburn