Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
William Daniel Harrington was born in February 1872 in New York to Alexander Harrington and Roxy Ann Waite. He was living with his parents and siblings in Poland, Chautauqua, New York in the 1880 census, where he was listed as "Willie Harrington."
In about 1892, William married Emma Gertrude Wheeler, daughter of Henry Wheeler and Mary Jeanette Stom, and the widow of Eugene F. Pickard. In the 1900 census, William and his family lived in Randolph, Cattaraugus County, New York and William worked as a teamster. In 1910, William and his family lived in Ellery, Chautauqua County, New York, where he worked as a farmer. William, along with Emma and sons Merle and Gerald, were baptized on April 14, 1910 at the Methodist Episcopal Church on Pickard Street in Sinclairville, New York. In 1920, William, Emma, their son Gerald, and William's father Alexander, lived in Portville, Cattaraugus County, New York and William worked as a teamster. William and Emma were living at 216 McKinley Avenue in Jamestown, New York in the late 1920s.
Emma died in January of 1929, and William doesn't appear to be living in that house in the 1930 census. William died on June 7, 1960 in New York. He was buried in Levant Cemetery in Carroll, Chautauqua County, New York.
- 1880 United States Federal Census, Poland, Chautauqua County, New York.
- 1900 United States Federal Census, Randolph, Cattaraugus County, New York.
- 1910 United States Federal Census, Ellery, Chautauqua County, New York.
- 1920 United States Federal Census, Portville, Cattaraugus County, New York.
- Baptism records, Methodist Episcopal Church of Sinclairville, New York
- Obituary of wife, Emma Gertrude Wheeler Pickard Harrington, January 1929
- Cemetery records, Levant Cemetery of Poland, New York