Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributors are strongly urged to upgrade these articles using Help:Upgrading old-style person articles so as to reduce the need for retyping and to improve linkages and allow automatic displays of tables such as children, siblings, and ancestors.
"William was also known as the Reverend William Duncan, was born January 07, 1627/28 in Perth near the Firth of Tay, Perthshire, Scotland. He was beheaded January 02, 1690/91 near Glasgow, Lanard, Scotland. William fell martyr during the religious troubles that afflicted Scotland at the time Charles the Second was restored to the throne, and William refused to take the Jacobite oath. He received his degree in theology from the King's College at Aberdeen on 1648. When William was ejected from office for informing against members of the resistance to Episcopalianism, his children fled to Virginia where they settled in the region of Northern Neck." Source: http://users.lynchburg.net/sbarry/duncan.html
- Born: 7 JAN 1629/30 in Perth, Perthshire, Scotland
- Married: c1658 to Susan\Sarah HALDANE, DOM based on age of eldest surviving child.
- Died: 1692 in Glasgow, Scotland
- William Duncan II (1659-) 1 OCT 1659 in Perthshire, Scotland
- Charles Duncan (1662-) 6 SEP 1662 in Glen Eagles, Perthshire, Scotland
- Henry Duncan (1664-) 14 JAN 1663/64 in Scotland
- Susan Duncan (1665-) 28 JAN 1664/65
- Thomas Duncan (1664-) 28 JAN 1664/65 in Perthshire, Scotland
- Mary Duncan (1667-) 1 FEB 1666/67 in Perthshire, Scotland