William Lewis Piatt (1834-1918) Farmer and Civil War Veteran (b. September 07, 1834, Westbrookville, Sullivan County, New York, 12785, USA - d. January 22, 1918, Middletown, New York, USA)
- Mary E. Piatt (1830-?)
- John M. Piatt (1832-?)
- Daniel Harrison Piatt (1840-1918) who married Mary E. Skinner (1843-1916)
- Juliette Piatt (1843-?)
- Edwin B. Piatt (1846-1903) who married Juliette Wells (1856-1916)
First marriage and childrenEdit
William married Minnie Woods (1843-1871) and had the following children:
- John F. Piatt (1860-aft1918) of Cudebackville who married Marietta Clark
- Mary A. Piatt (1861-aft1918) who married James Needham of Newburgh
- Silas M. Piatt (1862-bef1918)
- William H. Piatt (1864-?) who died between 1880 and 1918
- David Alexander Piatt (1870-1939) who married Mary Estella Culver (1873-1913) and lived near Yankee Lake
In 1872, after the death of Minnie, William married Phoebe Hubbard (1853-1910)
- Nora Belle Piatt (1874-1955) who married Herman Conklin (1865-?) and after a divorce she married Algernon E. Skinner (1867-1943)
- Margaret Piatt (1879-1952) who married William Nathan McDowell (1882-1966)
- George D. Piatt (1883-?)
- Bertha Janette Piatt (1887-1978) who married Floyd W. Griffin (1874-?) on April 11, 1908
- Clarence Piatt (1892-?) who was born on 29 September 1892, and never married
William was a farmer and he fought in the Civil War from 1864 to 1865, as a private in Company K in the 20th Regiment of the New York Provisional Cavalry. He enlisted on January 20, 1864 and was discharged on August 09, 1865 in Louisville, Kentucky.
The family appears in the 1880 US Census living in Mamakating Township, Sullivan County, New York under the names "William Piett" and "Phebey Piett". In 1900 they were still living in Mamakating Township and in the census Phoebe was listed as "Phibe J. Piatt".
William L. Piatt. After an illness of long duration ... The funeral will be held Friday ... .