Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
William Sand was born 1747 to George Sand (-1778) and Eliza (-1753) and died 1790 of unspecified causes. He married Mary Davidman (1749-1850) .
William Sand was born in 1747 in Longtown, Cumberland to George Sands (died 1778), a violin string maker and his wife Eliza (died 1753). The Sand family lived in the urban districts of Northern England for many years working in the factories. William married Mary Davidman in 1775 in Longtown. They had the following eight children:
- William Sand (1777-1799) born in Stanley, County Durham. Died unmarried in 1799 in Longtown aged twenty-two.
- Mary Sand (1779-1843) born in Bishops Auckland, County Durham. Died in 1843 in Cumberland aged sixty-four.
- Elizabeth Sand (1779-?) born in Bishops Auckland, County Durham
- Margaret Sand (1782-?) born in Bishops Auckland, County Durham
- David Sand (1785-?) born in Bishops Auckland, County Durham
- John Sand (1787-?) born in Longtown, Cumberland
- Nancy Sand (1788-?) born in Longtown, Cumberland
- Thomas Sand (1791-?) born in Longtown, Cumberland
Before the birth of his last child, William Sand passed away in Longtown aged forty-three in 1790. His widow Mary remained unmarried and lived to the remarkable age of one hundred and one.