Sir William de Ros of Helmsley
was born circa 1193
to Robert de Ros "Fursan" (c1173-1226)
and Isabel Avenal (c1170-)
. He married Lucy FitzPiers (-c1266)
. Notable ancestors include Charlemagne (747-814)
, Alfred the Great (849-899)
, Rurik (c832-879)
, Hugh Capet (c940-996)
. Ancestors are from the United Kingdom
Sources and notes
| ‡ General
- Sir William on Genealogics, July 2010, which shows his brother Robert having issue but brothers Peter and Alexander with none, and names Lucy's parents, citing three books on her page
- ROBERT de Ros "Fursan" and family on Medieval Lands, updated July 2010, which indicates unknown parentage for Lucy and no issue for William's brother Robert (with no other siblings shown)
- Sir William on thePeerage, July 2010, which shows that his brothers John and Sir Robert had children but their lines go only a couple of generations, and names Lucy and her father
| Ω Birth
- Date guessed from parents' marriage date.
| ¶ Death
- The above three sources agree on "c1264".
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.